left biblioblography: TAGGED AGAIN! DAMN, THERE GOES ANOTHER NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION DOWN THE TOILET...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

TAGGED AGAIN! DAMN, THERE GOES ANOTHER NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION DOWN THE TOILET...

My favorite Aussie atheist, Beep!Beep!It's Me! has tagged me with yet another meme - this time a rather odd one.

(Note: my grumblings are all faux complaints, I need to maintain my curmudgeonly status, else all five of my fans'll be demanding what I did with the real me.)

The meme is titled - "Five Songs To Be Played At My Funeral."

I'd kicked this around in my skull a bit - but dead is dead, and I'd prefer to be cremated. Far be it from me to deny my relatives a rite of passage/closure, though. A way of saying good-bye to those lost in the passages of time.

So, here goes:

1. By Dun Ringhill, by Jethro Tull

What can I say? This song, short as it is, speaks to me. I can't but weep at the stirrings it evokes deep inside.



2. It's A Beautiful Day - U2
Well, there goes my curmudgeon status - hey, I can't be perpetually pissed off.



3. Shock The Monkey - Peter Gabriel
The title says it all.


4. Free Will - Rush



5. For my final offering, I've chosen this mostly out of mischievousness (in case someone INSISTS on a church service), 'Hymn to Pan'. If that's a tad much, I'd like this read, just to tick off any holy-rollers in the crowd. (Visualize Muttley's asthmatic laughter, if you can.)

I hereby curse (errr, ummm, I mean tag)
Mojoey at Deep Thoughts, Hermant aka the Friendly Atheist, the prettiest blogger around, Too Many Tribbles, the Hairless Monkey at manicmythos, and someone who I don't talk to often enough, Cassandra at the Atheist Mama.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Mojoey said...

It's going to be a one of those years! I like your choices by the way. This will take some work.

Krystalline Apostate said...

Hey, Mojoey, how's it hangin'?
Feel free to co-opt 1 if you like. I'm the sharing sort.
I actually fiddled about w/maybe a Billy Idol tune or 2 (I love his music, don't care what anyone says), but while I dig the song 'Heroin' (never touched it, never will), I thought that might be a wee bit out there. I can hear all the mourners whispering 'Did he do heroin? Why'd he ask that song be played'.
& truth is, my family's not among the best & brightest.
But the idea of spittin' at religion from beyond the grave is ironically funny, sorta.

Anonymous said...

Excellent selection KA. BAd luck about that resolution though...

beepbeepitsme said...

I think the hymn to Pan should just about do them in. lol

Great choices. Just to let you know, the U2 video has been removed.

I did a test about which song best expresses you or something like that, and the answer for me was "Beautiful Day - by U2.

Krystalline Apostate said...

Ted - of course the NYR was a joke. I didn't make any this year, other than to be the best person I can be.

BBIM:
Great choices. Just to let you know, the U2 video has been removed.
I'd heard in the news about youtube removing 30,000 videos. Damn that sucks.
Yeah, I took that same test, I bet. That's what I got too.
The 'hymn to Pan' suits my semi-puckish sense o' humor.

Krystalline Apostate said...

Thanks for the tip, BBIM. Found another 1.

helensotiriadis said...

zap