left biblioblography: HOW DARE THE LEGISLATORS GIVE GAYS EQUAL RIGHTS?!?!? THE FASCIST AFA IS AT IT AGAIN.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

HOW DARE THE LEGISLATORS GIVE GAYS EQUAL RIGHTS?!?!? THE FASCIST AFA IS AT IT AGAIN.

I received this ugly nonsense in my in-box today:

"House of Representatives set to vote on 'hate crimes' giving homosexuals special rights

Contact Your Representative In Opposition to HR 254 Today!

"The U.S. House of Representatives will soon vote on HR 254, which establishes “hate crime” legislation. HR 254 will create new special rights for homosexuals under the guise of enhancing law enforcement. It would make “sexual orientation” a protected class alongside race, religion and gender. "

Oh, HORRORS! We all know these people are second-class citizens! How dare they?!?!?

/Sarcasm off.

"The only way this bill can be defeated is with a real grassroots uprising by those who care about the future of their children, families and marriages!"

As we all know, none of this is going to destroy any such institution.

"The intent of this law is to force the acceptance and approval of homosexuality on every American, regardless of their religious views. Here is a short summary of HR 254."

These idiots are pretty short on agape, aren't they?

"For a more in-depth review of where we are headed, click here. "

The link goes to the website 'Concerned Women for America', and yes, you guessed it, it's a Christian site, and the article elaborates on various 'misdemeanors' that have the bigots up in arms. Some of the complaints are frivolous, but some appear to be actual infringements. However, I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are quite a few embellishments and/or omissions of detail.

"Here is a partial list of what homosexual activists are trying to force on every American. While HR 254 will not, in and of itself, accomplish these goals, it will open the door to such regulations. Once the elephant gets its trunk under the tent, the way is open for the elephant to move inside and do whatever he wants."

Elephant? You mean the GOP?

"Preaching that homosexuality is a sin from the pulpit will result in the preacher being charged with “hate speech.”

This is a LIE: read the actual bill.

Churches will have their tax-exempt status revoked if they oppose homosexuality.

Another lie. No mention of churches whatsoever.

Homosexual marriage will be legalized and recognized in all states.

Again, nowhere in the bill whatsoever.

Polygamy will be legalized.

Not a single mention in the entire bill about marriage.

Landlords will be forced to rent to homosexuals.

Yeah, it's called discrimination, fucktard.

Scouts, and all non-profit organizations, will be required to hire homosexuals as leaders.

Again, no mention of ANY organizations whatsoever.

Biblical language used to define homosexuality will be considered “hate speech.” City officials have already had a billboard removed in Long Island, NY, because it was classified as “hate speech.” The billboard read: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.” (Leviticus 20:13)

Good: we don't need some antiquated rule from thousands of years ago to run our lives. You don't like? Don't participate.

Employees will not be allowed to say anything negative about homosexuality in their workplaces.

Oh yes, heaven forbid that we dare show tolerance to anyone who is different!

Classes promoting the homosexual lifestyle will be included in school curricula beginning with the lower grades.

Again, no such mention is made.

Employers will be forced to hire homosexuals.

Are these people FOR REAL?!? 'Forced'? I don't think so. They just won't be able to deny employment based on their extravagant prejudices.

Adoption by homosexuals will be legalized in every state.

Again: NOT IN THERE AT ALL.

"To read HR 254, click here.

"Let me say again: HR 254 will not, in and of itself, accomplish everything the homosexual activist’s desire. But it is the first step is to position their cause where they can achieve all their goals.

"If they are successful with HR 254, rest assured they will pursue their next goal and will not stop until they achieve all their goals."

This is just a slippery slope writ large: save the children from those 'nasty ole gay activists', especially since in accordance with their antiquated mores, these people are only HUMAN if they're heterosexual.

Hey, this is AMERICA. That means nobody (emphasis on the nobody) gets special privileges. Likewise, nobody (emphasis on the...oh wait, said that already) get special discrimination either.

These assholes have a lotta nerve calling themselves AMERICANS, you ask me.

Goddam sexual fascists.

You don't like how this country's being run?

Move.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

beepbeepitsme said...

RE: "Landlords will be forced to rent to homosexuals. Employers will be forced to hire homosexuals."

This is such a bunch of crap. What employers will do, which is what they have always done, is to hire according to their preferences.

If there is a homophobic employer who suspects that a person applying for the job is homosexual, he will not award the job. If he is stupid enough to say "You are not getting the job because you are a homosexual abomination," he isn't smart enough to run a business.

The system will work the way it has always worked, homophobes will just NOT be able to use or state that the person in question is not getting the rental agreement, or the job, BECAUSE the person is homosexual.

Slippery slope arguments are fallacious, but what the hell, conservatives they love to make them.

Krystalline Apostate said...

BBIM:
If he is stupid enough to say "You are not getting the job because you are a homosexual abomination," he isn't smart enough to run a business.
Screw that, he's not smart enough to hold a job.
Slippery slope arguments are fallacious, but what the hell, conservatives they love to make them.
I'll bet they just love water-slides. Just a hunch.

I try not to get worked up about this nonsense, but sometimes my knuckles go a little white.

beepbeepitsme said...

It's annoying if you have a sense of social justice. And let's fact it, someone has to, conservatives are too busy playing " I see evil everywhere except in myself."

Anonymous said...

I just thought I would drop by to say your views of reality is only holding you back from experiencing the greatest gifts and journeys that life has to offer, so you don't believe in a god big deal you can never know unless you search the deepest parts of the self, you can find all the answers there; meditation is a very good tecnique for training the mind to open new doors that are hidden from anyone who has not yet been exposed to the different worlds and realities that are as much real as the reality were so use to.
Someone is always waiting for a brillant mind to pop up and discover the secrets of life but noone has to wait, anyone can find the astral plane and other planes and when they do I just know that they will to be changed ..

Krystalline Apostate said...

mxracer:
I just can't figure it out.
Yeah, it's a stumper.
I think it's mostly territorial, due to those evolutionary processes. We just haven't outgrown most of them yet.

anonymous:
I'm a Qiqong/Tai Chi player, so I'm somewhat up on all of that. Astral plane? It's a chemical response, & there's no solid proof it's anything outside of a deep Alpha state, combining w/an overactive imagination.
But thanks for the thought.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I hear these people talk of astral planes all I can picture is a guy running around the room with arms outstretched making sibilant motor sounds.

Krystalline Apostate said...

remy:
Whenever I hear these people talk of astral planes all I can picture is a guy running around the room with arms outstretched making sibilant motor sounds.
Brrrrp-bip-bip-bip-bip, Brrrrp-bip-bip-bip-bip,
Major Tom to ground control, we have lift offffff!
I have a coupla more noises I can make, but they don't translate well to the blog world.

Anonymous said...

KA
The sky is falling! THEY are going to give hummersessuals special rights!!!! Like the right to be treated like everyone else.
Oh mah diddlin' gawd!!!
HEP! HEP! Write your Sen-A-Tor now!


Remy
You crack me up, darlin'. :-D

Krystalline Apostate said...

karen:
THEY are going to give hummersessuals special rights!!!! Like the right to be treated like everyone else.
Lawsy, lawsy, the wahld is goin' ta hell in a handbasket, it is.
These people get right up my nose, they do.

Sadie Lou said...

I did a series of 5 posts on my thoughts towards why Christians should not be against homosexual marriage. If you're at all interested in the least.
*wink*
The label was "Killer Post"

Krystalline Apostate said...

Hey, I scanned the 'killer posts'. To paraphrase Jerry Lewis, 'You're a nice LAY-DEE!'.
Seriously though, it's nice to see some religious folks aren't frothing at the mouth about gay rights. I do know another 'liberal' xtian who's pro-gay rights.

Sadie Lou said...

I just think the weird, off color Christians have the loudest voices and the financial backing to have the biggest soap box. It's not fair to judge a group of people by the baddest of apples.
*not saying you do that but I see a lot of atheist blogs that spend every single post on bashing Christians.

Krystalline Apostate said...

sadie:
I just think the weird, off color Christians have the loudest voices and the financial backing to have the biggest soap box. It's not fair to judge a group of people by the baddest of apples.
Well, there are a lot of liberal theologians who are a little bit of all right. Separation of church & state, gay rights supported, etc.
As you say, it's the biggest wackjobs who get the limelight.
It's not fair to judge a group of people by the baddest of apples.
*not saying you do that but I see a lot of atheist blogs that spend every single post on bashing Christians.

Well, honestly, until the wack-a-doos back off, & stop making us unbelievers nervous, I think you'll just have to get used to it. I'm an equal opportunity blasphemer: I slam EVERYBODY. Hell, I've slammed an atheist or 2 in my time.
I'm all for a 'live and let live' attitude: but some of these sumbitches won't let other folks alone. You know who I mean.
& the other thing, is usually in the blogosphere, there's an overabundance of willfully ignorant xtian folks (present co. excluded) who are more than happy to drop by & start spouting some really brainless tripe - many of us get a little sick of the constant barrage & the other thing is - it's always the same arguments. & when 1 explains it several hundred times, but it doesn't seem to sink in at all - you get the drift, I think.
I'm all for pleasant dialogue - but a lotta xtians are downright combative.
You seem very pleasant, so you're welcome here, long as you behave. ;)
Oh, & actually make the effort to understand, too.

Sadie Lou said...

I think I'll participate over here as opposed to where I ran into you over at Beep's. The climate there is a little too hostile. I can't keep up with the barrage of finger pointing.
And I think I understand your distaste for Christian's repeating themselves.
If I come up with an arguement you've heard 700 times, feel free to say so and I'll see if I can approach it from another angle.

You seem very pleasant, so you're welcome here, long as you behave. ;)
Oh, & actually make the effort to understand, too.


Yes.
:) Agreed.

Krystalline Apostate said...

sadie:
I think I'll participate over here as opposed to where I ran into you over at Beep's. The climate there is a little too hostile. I can't keep up with the barrage of finger pointing.
Well, I'll try to behave, but don't mistake spirited discussion for mean-spiritedness. Lotso folks do that.
And I think I understand your distaste for Christian's repeating themselves.
Well, if I do repeat myself, do point it out to me. I'm gettin' on in years, so I do that meself on occasion. I can let it go a coupla times, but if I get asked repeatedly, I get a little terse.
I adhere to the adage, 'There's no such thing as a stupid question', unless the same person asks it a 100 times.
& trust you me, I've had posters who've done that.
If I come up with an arguement you've heard 700 times, feel free to say so and I'll see if I can approach it from another angle.
Oh, I will. ;)

Krystalline Apostate said...

anonymous:
Oh my, do I detect some repressed homosexual urges?
Luckily, we live in a civilization that doesn't legislate in accordance w/your bigoted likes & dislikes.