My good friend Mesoforte has tagged me for a meme - a fairly apt one, I might add, since I tend to bristle with aphorisms.
So, in descending order:
- 5. I must not fear.
- Fear is the mind-killer.
- Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
- I will face my fear.
- I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
- And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
- Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
- Only I will remain. - Frank Herbert, Dune
4. Youth is a wonderful thing. Too bad it's wasted on the young - G. B. Shaw.
2. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. - Harlan Ellison.
1. ....Drum roll, please......."Be the change that you want to see in the world." - Gandhi.
Till the next post, then.