left biblioblography: ...A Wage Slave Yet Again...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

...A Wage Slave Yet Again...


- Green Day Lyrics

As some of you may have noticed, I'm not making my rounds like I used to, my comments are somewhat less scintillating than they have been in the past, and I'm not posting as often as I used to. So an explanation seems to be in order, and I'm a little overdue, so apologies.

I am now working full time (excuses, excuses, yeah, I know) at Google (key word here is at - I'm a contractor via an outsource).

It's mostly in a warehouse environment, which means as a rule, I tend to come home somewhat exhausted. Not to mention that I'm usually drowsy from all the good food that's served there (all free - whatever costs I incur from driving and toll fees is frayed by saving a bundle on groceries. I'm fairly sure I've gained a pound or two, as I adore eating).

So I intend to keep on blogging (I hear that Grateful Dead tune when I say that), but be advised that I may (and am) doing three to four posts a week, as opposed to my old standard five-to-seven.

Such is the nature of blogging, that I've noted a distinct drop in my readership as well as comments left. Between the nature of the beast (is there anything new and shiny?) and the constant barrage of new content (what is it, a thousand new blogs every single day? Something like that), that it's difficult to overcome what I'm beginning to think should be termed the Prat Race (I'm generalizing here, gimmee a break).

I find this somewhat daunting, not to mention irksome, as I've provided more than enough past content to keep many readers occupied for hours, let alone days, were they to search my archives.

Granted, I do this myself, and it's a habit I need to break. I swing by some of my blogging friends, and if it's not a new post, I hopscotch over to wherever there's a new post - and while I realize there's much of other people's content that is well worth backtracking to read, there's also the measured growth of a person's thought processes as they flesh out the unique philosophies that make them worth reading just as much as the brand-spanking new post that shows their perspective on this bank and shoal of time (nods to Shakespeare).

So bear with me. I fully intend to keep on providing my dervish dance of the deranged for your entertainment, punctuated by my unusual spin on the worldview we all share, but the minutes in the day have taken a new pattern, and as such, there is a finite amount of time I have per day, just as there is a finite amount of heartbeats in a given life.

So, I ask of my dear readers, is that they spare a few pulse beats to give me a read, and feel free to start some blogversations. I'll make an effort to participate when (and if) I can.

Bear in mind that I am not ignoring thee, nor have I forgotten thee - I am just busy.

Thanks for reading.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Maggie Rosethorn said...

Hi, KA. I've been by daily; just not commenting very much. Have really enjoyed your profiles in Atheism but I just don't have much to say.

Keep up the writing. Things are calming down for me; I am hoping to be able resume blogging myself soon.

Krystalline Apostate said...

Hi Maggie, long time no see. Thanks for dropping by.
Yeah, between the business of our lives, & the summertime (the weather's getting a bit too nice to blog all day, ain't it), I'm sure everyone's getting a drop in readership.

Anonymous said...

Congatulations on the job.

I too, rarely have time to read let alone comment. The school year is almost over so I'll have more time soon.

Anonymous said...

KA
Congrats on the job, at Google, no less! I just saw a news vid about how great the benefits are and how rich you can get working there. And that most everyone really likes it, but they just get worn out or something to that effect. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

I've been reading, but not commenting much. It's been kinda busy, but actually, I quit smoking 11 days and 14 hours ago (AAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!) not that I'm COUNTING, and I've been really, really bitchy. And I find my comments have been centered around, "Fuck that, I want a damn cigarette!" So obviously, I have nothing of note to add to any discussion. Slowly breaking back into it on NGB, but my heart's not in it.

Congrats again, sweetie! I'm delighted for you, and hope it works out to be a lasting position.

Krystalline Apostate said...

karen, remy - thanks for the kind words.
It's pretty much an entry level position in a warehouse, so I've got to struggle upwards somewhat (gettin' too old for this sorta thing, but oh well).
Congrats on quitting the coffin nails darlin', BTW.
But working at Google's pretty sweet. Free food, free gyms, free drinks (hey, on the main 'campus', they have a HUGE cafeteria, world-class chefs, & food from all over - India to Louisiana. YUM!).