left biblioblography: Fun Films For The Non-Believer – Whatever Works

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fun Films For The Non-Believer – Whatever Works

Cross posted @ God Is 4 Suckers! 

I have to admit, I rather enjoy Larry David, regardless of whether he’s on one of my all time favorite shows (Curb Your Enthusiasm), or in one of my favorite films, Whatever Works. I’ve a keen eye for what I call religions-slammers, and I recommend this film highly. It takes unabashed slams at religion that people would have been aghast at 20 or 30 years ago.

Up in the top ten of course, is Dogma – one of the choice scenes (with the redoubtable George Carlin as a cardinal – talk about nice touch!):

And of course, what discussion about ridiculous religious beliefs in film would be without the funniest all time scene in Life Of Brian?

And of course, Monty Python And The Holy Grail:

I’ve only shared four of my own favorites here – please feel free to suggest more.

Till the next post, then.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

vjack said...

Cool. I haven't seen "Whatever Works" yet. I'll be sure to check it out.